Monday, May 4, 2015

Coasters




Found this coaster on Pinterest but the link to pattern is no longer available. After squinting in front of the computer screen for a quite a while, I sort of figured out how to make it. I made it with 2 different stitches, producing 2 sizing using a 4mm hook and Sugar n Cream yarn. I wrote this out as I would make this coaster, some of the stitches grouping might seem a bit odd to you... but I think it works out better for me because I can hide the climbing chains and holes at the beginning of each round better. :) Plus, this is my first ever written out pattern. So, if anything doesn't seem right or make sense, please let me know.

Material: 
4mm (G) Hook 
Sugar n Cream yarn in any color your heart desire. :)

Note: 
the smaller one is measured at about 4 inches and is made using hdc in R2-4.
the bigger one is measured at about 5 inches and is made using dc in R2-4.
I personally like the smaller one better, because of the smaller gaps and holes. But the bigger one actually fits nicer under a bigger mug. So, I have decided to make a set of coasters using both sizes! :)

Small Coasters
R1
make a magic ring, ch 3 (count as 1st dc) + 19 dc in ring. Sl st onto top of ch-3. (total 20 dc)

R2
ch4 (count as 1 hdc + 2 ch)
[1 hdc each on top of next 2 hdc, ch 2] repeat [...] till last dc on previous round
1 hdc on top of last hdc from previous round, sl st join with 3rd ch from base of the ch-5
sl st into ch-2 sp

R3
ch 3 (count as 1st hdc), in the same ch-2 sp put in 1hdc + ch2 + 2hdc
[sk next 2 hdc, 1 hdc each on top of next 2 hdc + ch 2 + 1 hdc each on top of next 2 hdc in ch-2 sp]
work [...] all around, sl st on top of ch-3
sl st on on top of next hdc
sl st into ch-2 sp

R4
ch 3 + 6hdc in ch-2 sp, sl st into sp between the group of 2-hdc(s) made on previous round.
note: it's the lowest point closest to R2
[7 hdc in each ch-2 sp] all around
join with invisible join at end.

Weave in end.


Big Coasters
R1
make a magic ring, ch 3 (count as 1st dc) + 19 dc in ring. Sl st onto top of ch-3. (total 20 dc)

R2
ch5 (count as 1 dc + 2 ch)
[1 dc each on top of next 2 dc, ch 2] repeat [...] till last dc on previous round
1 dc on top of last dc from previous round, sl st join with 3rd ch from base of the ch-5
sl st into ch-2 sp

R3
ch 3 (count as 1st dc), in the same ch-2 sp put in 1dc + ch2 + 2dc
[sk next 2 dc, 1 dc each on top of next 2 dc + ch 2 + 1 dc each on top of next 2 dc in ch-2 sp]
work [...] all around, sl st on top of ch-3
sl st on on top of next dc
sl st into ch-2 sp

R4
ch 3 + 6dc in ch-2 sp, sl st into sp between the group of 2-dc(s) made on previous round.
note: it's the lowest point closest to R2
[7 dc in each ch-2 sp] all around
join with invisible join at end.

Weave in end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hi! My name is Yeeli. I love coffee, chocolate and caramel. I also love to crochet and knit. More crochet than knit, if you may ask. :) I am a mom to 2 busy kiddos and my husband is a badass orchestral conductor who is really good at what he does. When I am not spending time making messes and loud noises with my kids, I like to make things with yarn. I also enjoy cooking and baking. But, drinking coffee is still my favorite thing to do. Chocolate and caramel? Yes, those too! Here, you will see me write about things that I do with my kids, stuff we made, stuff I made, or just about anything that come across my little corner. So, come on in. Take a visit around my blog. If you see something you enjoy, leave a comment and let me know!