Saturday, December 6, 2014

making progress... slowly but surely!

There is something very satisfying when clipping of the tail end of the yarn. :) 

I made a total of 60 squares, 6 from each color with cream color as the outline. Actually, come to think of it... it is not 6 from each color. I just remember, for purple I only have 5 squares. And for 1 of the reds I have 7. Don't ask, I have no clue why or how that happened. But, I do have 60 squares total!


Each squares measured at 3.5 x 3.5 inches. So if I were to lay it out 6 squares by 10 squares, I will end up with a blanket the size of 21 x 35 inches. That is not quite the size I want... So I think, I am gonna add more rounds to it and make it bigger. Though I really like how the squares look right now, I think I will try and make it bigger. Plus, after researching how to join the squares, I #1 did not leave enough yarn at the tail to join the way I want it to; #2 I am getting a little "bored" weaving the tail ends in. Making it bigger might also save my sanity...

So... maybe the next blanket I will make cute little ones like these. But for now, I think yes, I will try and make it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Hi! My name is Yeeli. I love coffee, chocolate and caramel. I also love to crochet and knit. More crochet than knit, if you may ask. :) I am a mom to 2 busy kiddos and my husband is a badass orchestral conductor who is really good at what he does. When I am not spending time making messes and loud noises with my kids, I like to make things with yarn. I also enjoy cooking and baking. But, drinking coffee is still my favorite thing to do. Chocolate and caramel? Yes, those too! Here, you will see me write about things that I do with my kids, stuff we made, stuff I made, or just about anything that come across my little corner. So, come on in. Take a visit around my blog. If you see something you enjoy, leave a comment and let me know!