So here is another of my quick easy meal. This BBQ Pork only takes a few mins to prep and clean up is a breeze too!
Things you need:
1. Pork ribs
2. BBQ sauce
3. Foil and baking tray
(4. Preheat oven to 325F)
Couple thoughts before we begin...
Nowadays, I prefer boneless pork ribs because I don't have to worry much about little pieces of bones in the meat when I make it for the kids. And it is ok if it is a little fatty coz you can just peel the fat off after you cook. Plus, it keeps the meat moist while cooking. Okay, confession time. I like the fatty part of the meat. I like to eat it with a little bit of meat or over rice. It would drive my dad CRAZY because he said it is not healthy to eat pork fat. But... I eat it when he is not around. ;p
Now, on the other note, if you prefer, you can get a slab of baby back ribs. Just make sure to peel off the membrane on the inside (bone side), that makes it easier to serve and eat after cooked. Cooking both boneless or bone-in ribs is the same. Though IMHO, I think the bone-in ones are more moist and tender. But for convenience, for now we make boneless in this house. For now.
As for the BBQ sauce, I find that the better the brand (pricier in cost/bottle unfortunately), the tastier the end product. I first started off with Kraft sauce, got these for free after coupon on sale, it comes out really runny and the flavor is just ok. I then had gone on to try other brands. Sweet Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece are good, but my all time favorite is the Garland Jack's Secret Six. OMG, you would not believe the flavor this BBQ sauce gives you. We were able to tell from the smell while it is still cooking in the oven that it is going to taste super delicious. And the sauce comes out thick and flavorful!
Now I am sure there are many other BBQ sauce brand names out there that I haven't tried. Store bought or restaurant made or special order or even homemade (there are quite a few recipes online for this), pick your favorite one, you can't go wrong with that.
So, I guess it's time to show you how to cook this yummy, delicious, super easy BBQ pork, yes?
Preheat oven to 325F.
Lay foil on counter. Make sure you have enough, better more than not enough. Put pork ribs on foil and pour enough BBQ sauce on it to cover all over. In pic below, you see I have Sweet Baby Ray's. I like the Honey flavored one and this one -- Hickory & Brown Sugar. I like my ribs sweet.
Now, here is the tricky part. Maybe I am foil-folding-challenged, it took me some practice to get this the way I want it without breaking the foil. But the idea is to fold the foil over and make sure the pork ribs are sealed. There must be an easier way to do this, but I always forget to "plan ahead" until after.
Put the foil package on the baking sheet to prevent spillage or mess.
Once the oven is ready, put the package in and let it bake for 3 hours. Yes, THREE hours.
At the end of the 3rd hour, remove baking sheet from oven. Open up the top of the foil and pour a little more BBQ sauce on top of the ribs. Be careful of liquid spilling. I open it from the top just to be safe. Put it back in the oven uncovered and let it bake for another 20-30mins, until the sauce thicken. Now, this last step is optional. I sometimes do it, sometimes skip it if I am short on time. But this last step gives the ribs an extra layer of thick sauce on top. So, it is entire up to you how you like your ribs.
Here in the pic below, I did not do the step mentioned above. Instead, I took the ribs out and shred it on a plate. I scoop some of the sauce (avoiding the fatty oil) and drip it over the shredded pork. If you find yours too greasy/too much oil, you can add BBQ sauce directly from the bottle if you like yours with lots of sauce. We had this in a tortilla with little rice and some cheese. JR called it the BBQ Pork Burrito.
I love this recipe. You can have it with mashed potato and veggies or over white rice. You can have it in a sweet dinner roll or a tortilla to make a burrito. And IF, I said IF, there is any leftover, it taste super yummy in an omelet for breakfast the next morning.
Yummy!
ReplyDeleteif can, you should try with bone-in ribs. Aside from the mess, it really does taste more delicious than boneless. :)
Delete